Monday, October 17, 2016

Axel's First Blog

Agenda
  1. Review Autobiographical Narrative guidelines + example
  2. L.C. Work time
Homework
  1. Rough Draft of Auto. Narr. due Thurs.
     Once we walk into class, we sit down and start reading the poems we're meant to memorize. When we're done, a dude with dreads talks about a program at Mark Twain MS that lets us volunteer to teach students about film making and how to make movies. He then makes awkward conversation to Ms.Witham about a poem.
     When he leaves, we start going over Yuwan and Reyna's blog. I mouth to Reyna to let me be blogger because I get bored just sitting down. I get on and I start struggling with the tab button and somehow end up erasing my first draft of my blog. I'm a genius.
     Ms.Witham tells us to take out our AN guidelines and starts reading Coastline Cruiser about a girl and her overly descriptive story about riding a paddle board. I mean, she could've said "I rode my surfboard on a six foot wave and it was awesome." But no, she had to go into detail and talk about the suede sand and the board being a horse. Too much detail for my taste. After that she asks us to talk to our group about what we notice about the narrative. Then we start giving examples of things that stood out in the narrative.
     Ms.Witham starts going over the guidelines for our AN and tells us to make our RD on lined paper, then make a revised edition in Google Docs in MLA format. We volunteer to read different guidelines.
We run out of time and Ms.Witham suggests that we shouldn't read the blog because that takes too much of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment